Throughout the 2.5 hour interactive webinar, you will explore gambling as a public health issue, focusing on current issues affecting children, young people and families.
Following a harm reduction approach, it’s an opportunity to look at how to talk about gambling with the individuals and groups that you work with, and share free educational resources with links to specialist support.
- Gain knowledge of current issues surrounding gambling related to children, young people and families.
- Gain an increased awareness and understanding of gambling harms.
- Develop an understanding about gambling-like features within video games and how these can possibly lead to gambling harms.
- Be more prepared to lead conversations and facilitate activities or discussion around gambling and gaming with children, young people or families.
- Be able to identify and recognise the signs of gambling harms, and know how and where to signpost for additional support.