Pounds for Purpose offers £500 awards for project costs to young people in Scotland aged 16 to 26 who have an idea to make a positive difference to their community or the environment. Projects must be developed by the young person or persons applying and report back within 6 months. Projects with themes that bring about positive change will be supported such as:
- Tackling inequality.
- Bringing people together to reduce isolation.
- Promoting positive mental health.
- A greener world – reducing negative impact on the environment and creating a more sustainable future.
- Caring for others – working to support and look after vulnerable members of society.
Applications must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant is aged 16-26.
- The applicant is a permanent resident of Scotland.
- The idea operates primarily for the benefit of people or communities in Scotland.
- The idea and its activities do not involve political campaigning or the advancement of religion.
- The project is not already up and running.
- The applicant is developing the project independently or with the help of a small team of individuals and is not applying on behalf of a pre-existing, established organisation. This means we cannot fund college/university projects.
- The applicant is able to spend the award budget and report on the project within 6 months.
Follow on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.