The purpose of youth work in West Lothian is to support young people aged 10- 25 years to help develop their potential both as individuals and as members of the community by:
- Building self-esteem and self-confidence to create confident individuals.
- Developing the ability to manage personal and social relationships.
- Creating learning, developing new skills and becoming successful learners.
- Supporting young people in transition.
- Building the capacity of young people to consider risk, make reasoned decisions and become effective contributors.
- Developing a world view which widens horizons and supports responsible citizenship.