As part of our Scottish Attainment Challenge national programme, we’re undertaking a study to evidence and showcase the role and impact of youth work in supporting young people affected by poverty through volunteering opportunities. Our intention is that this will help to promote greater recognition of youth work across the education, employability and skills agenda.
- If your team / organisation supports young people into volunteering experiences, please can you help us build a picture of the scale of this work across Scotland by confirming here how many young people you’ve supported in this way over the last 12 months.
- Additionally, we would like to work alongside a group of around 10 youth work teams / organisations – big or small, local authority or third sector – who directly support young people affected by poverty into high quality and meaningful volunteer opportunities. We’ll work with you and the young people you work with to support a collaborative evaluation process that will enable us to:
- Better understand the positive impact of these volunteering experiences on young people’s skills development and career pathways.
- Explore the benefits of a youth work approach to volunteering experiences.
- Share examples of good practice.
If you are interested in showcasing your work as part of this study, please contact Gill Gracie by 23rd June.