Job Start Payment a one off payment of £294.70 available to young people in Scotland who are on
certain benefits, and need help with the costs of starting a new job. If the person
has a child, they could get £471.50.
Who can get it?
A person must meet all of the criteria below to be eligible:
- are 16 to 24 years old; or are a care leaver aged 16 to 25.
- live in Scotland on the day of the job offer.
- they have a job offer for paid employment.
- the job must average 12 hours or more per week, over a 4 week period. It doesn’t
need to be a permanent job.
- be out of paid work and in receipt of a qualifying benefit* for 6 months or more, or
if a care leaver out of paid work and in receipt of a qualifying benefit at the time
of the job offer (care leavers do not need to be in receipt of a qualifying benefit
for 6 months).
Find out more.